Here we see a slightly different colour combination with respect to the preceding example, yet with that signature spirit of unique colour juxtaposition. The cochineal pink of the niche, which contains a carnation motif we see in the border of Group B Ghiordes prayer rugs, contrasts beautifully with the light green background and is masterfully balanced by the palette of its surroundings. The particularly silky quality of the wool greatly enhances the jewel tonalities of the composition.
- Warp: wool, ivory Weft: wool, coral rose and rust, 2 shots between knotted rows
- Knot: symmetrical, weaving direction is opposite to niche, no warp depression
- Knot count: 8H x 9V = 72 knots/square inch
- Selvages: flat, two sets of paired warps
- Ends: weft-faced plain weave, top in green and peach stripes and bottom in light rust
- Colours: cherry purple, moss green, rust, medium blue, light blue, light peach, light brown, brown black, aubergine, yellow, ivory (11)
- Condition: pile is very good to medium overall, with oxidised browns; soft, pliable handle